Homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
Oatmeal raisin cookies are very tender, chewy and thick fully loaded with Oats and studded with Raisins. Oats are old fashioned but very healthy. If you are not a great lover of having Oats as breakfast, try these cookies and you will love it.
- ¾ cup sifted flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup softened margarine
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp orange rind
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- Grease cookie sheet, sit together dry ingredients.
- Beat butter and sugars together in a large bowl until they become light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and blend on high for a minute.
- Now add vanilla and mix well until blended.
- Stir in flour mixture until well moistened.
- Stir in oatmeal, nuts and orange rind.
- Dough will be sticky and soft.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 Min. Don’t keep the dough in refrigerator more than 1 hour as Oats will absorb all the moisture and cookies will not expand then you bake.
- Roll dough in to balls and place 2 inch apart.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 min until golden browned. Don’t be worried if cookies look under-baked, they will set as they cool.
Don’t forget to share your opinions in comments section.