Homemade recipe for Soft and Clear skin
Soft and clear skin are the buzz words in the Beauty industry. There are many cosmetic products which claim to make your skin soft and clear. But, they cost a fortune. You can make your skin soft and clear by preparing this homemade body wash with natural products. The ultimate moisture from coconut oil, a tangy flavor of the citrus and rejuvenating antibacterial properties of the honey make this body wash unique. You will get the spa like experience at home with this luxurious, sweet and coconutty moisturizing body wash.
YIELDS: 16 ounces
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 6 drops chamomile essential oil
- 20 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 1 cup unscented liquid Castile soap
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
You may need: funnel, mixing bowl, double boiler, wire whisk, 16-ounce bottle and cap, measuring cups.
1. To Make: Prepare a double boiler and start on medium heat. Once the water reaches a boil, reduce the heat to simmer. Pour the coconut oil in the top of the double boiler and cover with a lid. Simmer until it’s heated, stirring occasionally. Do not over heat as it may lose its beneficial botanicals.
Remove from heat and take the top pan off the double boiler. Now, Take a mixing bowl and add honey and cooled coconut oil. Make use of a rubber spatula to get the remaining coconut oil from the pan. Whisk all the ingredients together for a minute. Now, add the essential oils and blend again. Next, add the Castile soap by stirring gently with the whisk to create a uniform liquid. Do not over whisk, Soap bubbles will be activated if you over whisk. Carefully pour the liquid into your bottle using funnel and cap tightly.
2. To Store: Store in bottle. Mark the label with contents and date. Use within a year.
3. To Use: Apply to wet skin in small, circular motions. Rinse well.
Click here for Easy Natural Facial recipes at Home that actually work